The Federal Archives conditions of use govern the use of archive records – whether they are in digital form or consulted in the reading room. They apply to all users.
Articles 9 to 16 of the Federal Act on Archiving (ArchA) of 26 June 1998 (SR 152.1) govern access to archive records.
Articles 10 to 19 of the Ordinance to the ArchA (ArchO) of 8 September 1999 (SR 152.11) set out specific details relating to those provisions of the Act.
By using archive records in the Federal Archives, you agree to the following:
- I accept the Regulations on the Use of the Swiss Federal Archives (PDF, 70 kB, 06.03.2008) (german) and undertake to comply with all the provisions thereof, irrespective of whether I receive the archive records I have ordered in the form of a copy (either electronically or by post), or consult them in the Swiss Federal Archives.
- I undertake only to analyse dossiers that are freely accessible or which I have received authorisation to view.
- In the event of analysis or publication, I undertake to comply with any conditions imposed in any authorisations to view records that have been granted to me.
- I undertake to safeguard the individual rights of any persons named in archive records. I undertake to comply with the data protection regulations set out in the Federal Act on Data Protection (FADP; SR 235.1).
- I acknowledge the Ordinance of the FDHA on the Fees of the Swiss Federal Archives (SFA Fees Ordinance; SR 172.041.15) (PDF, 10 kB, 28.02.2006) (in German) and accept that I may be charged fees for reproduction or analysis orders.
- No commercial use of archive records, including reproductions, is permitted without the express written consent of the Swiss Federal Archives.
- When using the WLAN of the Swiss Federal Archives, I accept as binding the BAR-WLAN Conditions of Use (PDF, 73 kB, 14.03.2013).