Directorate / Executive Board
Philippe Künzler, Director
Philippe Künzler (b. 1969) has worked in various roles at the Swiss Federal Archives (SFA) since 1998. He headed the Management Support Unit from 2006 onwards, initially as Vice-Director and, since 2014, as Deputy Director. He served as Director ad interim from the start of 2018. The Federal Council appointed Philippe Künzler to the post of Director in 2019. He is a lawyer and holds an Executive Master of Public Administration from the University of Bern.
- Representative of the Swiss Federal Archives since 2014: Conference of Swiss Archive Directors ADK
- Representative of the Swiss Federal Archives on the Supervisory Committee and member of the Governing Body since 2014: Coordination centre for the long-term archiving of electronic documents KOST
- Representative of the Swiss Federal Archives since 2018: European Archives Group EAG (EU Commission expert group)
- Representative of the Swiss Federal Archives since 2018: European Board of National Archivists EBNA
- Representative of the Swiss Federal Archives in the Assembly of Associates since 2018: Archives Portal Europe Foundation APEF
- Representative of the Swiss Federal Archives since 2018 in the Forum of National Archivists FAN, the European Regional Branch EURBICA and the General Assembly AGA: International Council on Archives ICA
Stefan Kwasnitza, Deputy Director
Stefan Kwasnitza (b. 1977) has been working for the Swiss Federal Archives (SFA) since 2014. He previously spent five years at the Swiss National Library. He headed the Information Access Division until 2021 and is now head of the Information Preservation Division. He became Deputy Director of the SFA in April 2019. Stefan Kwasnitza has a degree in history and an Executive Diploma HSG in IT Business Management from the University of St. Gallen and has also trained as a Web programmer.
- Vice-President and representative of the Swiss Federal Archives on the board since 2016: Association of Swiss Archivists VSA
- Representative of the Swiss Federal Archives on the Executive Board since 2018: Association for the open-source digitisation of cultural property Kitodo.org
- Representative of the Swiss Federal Archives on the Governing Board since 2015: Archives Portal Europe Foundation APEF
- Representative of the Swiss Federal Archives in the Working Group and the Advisory Committee for Safe Havens for Archives at Risk since 2019: Safe Havens for Archives at Risk
- Representative of the SFA in the programme management MAS ALIS since 2018: MAS programme in Archive, Library and Information Science (University of Bern and Lausanne)
Stefan Nellen, Information Access Division
Stefan Nellen (b. 1975) has been working for the SFA since 2012. He headed the Historical Analysis Services until 2021 and has been Head of the Information Access Division since 2022. Stefan Nellen studied history, German and media science, and obtained his doctorate with a thesis on the informatisation of the administration.
Andrea Aeberhard, Management Support Unit
Andrea Aeberhard (b. 1976) has been Head of the Management Support Unit at the SFA since 2021. She previously worked at the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation as the Swiss delegate for European research programmes, and at swissuniversities, the conference of university rectors, as director of the chamber of universities of applied sciences and arts. She holds a PhD in geography and is a graduate of the Higher Education Management Executive Programme.
Yen Tu Leonardo, Human Resources Unit
Yen Tu Leonardo (b. 1975) has been working for the SFA since 1 January 2015. Prior to that, she spent 13 years at the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation. She has a wide range of specialist expertise in her field (personnel planning, acquisition, deployment, retention, development and redundancy) as well as personnel cost controlling. She also has experience in diversity issues as well as vocational education and training. Yen Tu Leonardo completed a commercial training along with further training courses in human resources.
Last modification 02.03.2023